Monday, July 21, 2008

Engaged

Nathan and I were engaged on Monday July 21, 2008 in Tieton, WA. If you want to know all the juicy details this post is for you. The day started out pretty simple I didn't have to work so I got up and went and met up with Catherine on campus at CWU. We hung out for a few hours and then I went home and got ready to go to Maddison's 4th birthday party. Nathan and I hung out at the party for a little while and then Nathan had to leave to go "set up". I hung out there for an hour or so until Nathan came and picked me up for "dessert".

As you can tell I had no clue what was about to happen as we drove out to his parents home in Tieton.
Once we arrived I climbed into my "shuttle" and as my handsome driver took me out to the pond we dodged sprinklers and apple trees, it was quite the adventure.

We arrived at the pond to find a cute little row boat waiting for us all adorned in lights. I think I was more nervous about falling in then I was about what was about to happen. Nathan rowed us out to the middle of the pond where we were serenaded by frogs. I couldn't help but sing "Kiss the Girl" from the "Little Mermaid". I know, I know I am surprised that he still asked me after that kind of torture but at least he knows the terrible truth, I can't sing!!
After my little song Nathan busted out the best dessert ever. Birthday Cake Ice cream with sprinkles. Every time I went down to visit Nathan in Oklahoma we went to this ice cream store and got that as dessert so I guess you could maybe call it our dessert.
While we were innocently eating our dessert we didn't realize our boat was drifting towards the fountain in the middle of the pond. Once Nathan successfully saved us from getting drenched we were dazzled by some fire works, only slightly illegal in mid July but it was so worth it.

After the fireworks Nathan got down on one knee in the middle of the lake. He told me how much he loves me and then asked me if I would marry him. I said YES of course!!!

He then put this beautiful ring on my finger and then we kissed. Well there you go all the juicy details.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

aaahhh! What a nice evening! He gets major points for putting all that together.

-Darcy