Sunday, February 28, 2010

Green Thumb and Outdoor Fun



Since Nathan and I are living in a duplex and we have a yard and a patio we decided that it would be fun to try out our green thumbs. We figured we would start out small with herbs, lettuce, carrots, radishes, and a tomato plant. We went to Lowe's Saturday and picked up some seeds, some small lettuce plants, a small tomato plant, gardening gloves, a trowel, and some soil. Luckily the previous tenants left us some planters so we didn't have to buy those. While we were at Lowe's Nathan also decided that he wanted to get a BBQ grill. He picked out a little portable charcoal grill, some charcoal briquettes, and all the essential BBQ tools. After shopping at Lowe's we went home and got planting. We planted two types of lettuce. The little plants we got and then some seeds. We used the little containers that the lettuce plants came in to plant our herbs. We planted chives, oregano, and basil in those and set them up inside like the package said, but we did plant some cilantro outside. I hope it works. We planted our little tomato plant all by itself in a nice big pot. We then planted our carrots and our radishes. I really hope that this all works out and Nathan and I really do have green thumbs and not the kiss of death. After an afternoon of planting we went to the store and bought some steak, asparagus, and corn on the cob and Nathan got to use his new grill. He had so much fun out there grilling away, and the food was delicious! It is so nice to have a yard and a patio. I am really glad we live where we do. Well that's all for now stay tuned for updates on those little plants!



No comments: