Sorry to all you sports fans this isn't about NCAA basketball. I just stole the catchy title. Anyway, the last two weeks of March have been pretty busy for us. First off, Nathan's parents came down to Killeen to visit us. Nathan had a four day weekend from the 18th - 21st so they decided to come spend some time with their boy. They flew into the Austin airport on the 16th and Nathan was able to get some time off work to drive down with me to pick them up. The next day I had a doctor appointment in the morning so the Krogers just hung out at home and then once I was done we met Nathan for a picnic lunch at work. After Nathan got done with work we had a yummy dinner of corned beef , potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Once we were all stuffed and our bags were packed, we headed off to Austin. We spent the night in Round Rock which is just outside of Austin and in the morning headed off to explore downtown Austin. We went to brunch at the Driskill, toured the state capital building, and then checked out the State History Museum. We had a lot of fun wandering around Austin, even though it was super crowded because of the South by South West Festival. After we walked all over town we hopped in the car and headed south to San Antonio. We stayed at the Drury Plaza Hotel which is right on the Riverwalk. We didn't even think about it when the Krogers booked their trip, but it was spring break so the Riverwalk was packed. We still enjoyed two days of wandering the Riverwalk, the Mercado, the Alamo, and the rest of downtown San Antonio. After a weekend of crowds and sightseeing we headed back to Killeen on Saturday night so we could just hang out and relax at home before Nathan had to head back to work on Monday morning. The Krogers just hung out with me at home and even though I am sure they were bored to death during the day they were awesome house guests and were always excited when Nathan came home even if it was 0730 in the morning. Sadly on the 23rd the Krogers had to head back to Washington. The rest of the week was pretty busy. I had a busy day on Wednesday with doctor appointments and meeting Nathan for lunch. Then Thursday I was even busier helping Nathan set up centerpieces for the 1-82 ball, then getting ready for and attending the 4 hr event. The next day was much more relaxing. Nathan had the day off for my birthday (okay that's not really why he had the day off but I can pretend) and we slept in until 0900 and Nathan made me a yummy breakfast of french toast and milk and he surprised me with a nice card on the table. After breakfast I opened my presents. Nathan got me Photoshop Elements and my parents got me a first-aid kit. After the excitement of opening presents, Nathan and I went out and picked up some baking supplies and had lunch at the DFAC upon my request. Once we were all stuffed from the tasty cafeteria food we headed home, took a nap and then baked some delicious cupcakes. I was surprised with another card from Nathan. We didn't get to taste the goods right away because we had to head off for some army business. We went to the 1-7 Hail and Farewell. For those of you who don't know what this is it is just a get together for officers and senior NCOs to acknowledge the new people and say thanks and goodbye to the ones who left or are leaving. Nathan left 1-7 back in August of 2009 while he was in Iraq so it was nice to go to the event and see all the people he served with for the year he spent with 1-7. Nathan received an awesome framed Squadron colors (the Squadron flag) that has a plaque with his name, rank, call sign and the dates he served with 1-7. It is really nice. I received a beautiful red rose and a plaque of appreciation. Once everyone was hailed and farewelled we headed home to frost and enjoy some super delicious cupcakes. I might be 26 now but I could barely blow out the whopping 6 candles on my cupcake, it was pretty pathetic. After our yummy dessert we headed off to watch How to Train Your Dragon in 2-D. On a side note, what is with all these movies coming out in 3-D? Who even enjoys 3-D movies? I know they are better than they used to be but seriously I just want to watch a movie with out weird glasses on and without a headache. Anyway, the movie was great. After the movie Nathan and I went home and went to bed and as I was getting ready for bed I was surprised with another card and it was the perfect end to a perfect birthday. This last week hasn't been too busy on my end of things but Nathan has been super busy at work. He has pt at 0600-0730 every morning and then with traffic he has just enough time to come home, shower, eat, get dressed and run back out the door. I meet him for a quick lunch everyday around noon and then I don't see him again until 1800 -1900 at night. Wednesday was the worst. He didn't make it home until 2110. Other than that I haven't been too busy. I have been tending to our garden, and I accepted the position of Bravo Battery FRG Treasurer. I hope that this next month brings us lots of fun and excitement.
11 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good birthday, 26 years! We have known each other for almost 20 years!!!
Thanks for posting your March Madness. It sounded like a great month. We are sorry we missed your birthday. We love you guys!
Post a Comment