Monday, July 12, 2010

Army Achievement Medal

Today was Nathan's first day at his new job as the Battalion Fire Direction Officer (FDO). Being a part of battalion staff means that he gets to do PT with the colonel. The thing about LTC Brown is he loves to run and thinks nothing of running 8 miles or more for PT. Today He decided to do a combination of running and calisthenics. The exercises were really hard and the colonel was running really fast and yelling at everyone to keep up. Nathan was able to keep up the whole time and finished with the colonel. Everyone who was able to keep up was told to line up in front of batalion headquarters and were surprised when the colonel came out carrying a board of Army Achievement Medals. After the orders were read, the colonel pinned the medals on and shook everyones hand. I am so proud of Nathan and all that he does. I know it must suck to get up every morning to go to PT while I am still laying in bed all snuggly and comfy in our air conditioned place.


1 comment:

GrandpaSwat said...

Awesome job Nathan!!