Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Very Bavarian Weekend



It all started about five months ago when my dad offered to give us a gift certificate to the Run of the River in Leavenworth, Washington. Nathan and I were pretty excited about the trip back then especially since we weren't even living together at the time. We chose this weekend since I was supposed to have Friday off for the trimester break. As it turns out, the school district changed its calender due to a snow cancellation and I ended up having a 4 day weekend instead (since we already booked the room I just put in for one of my personal days). Nathan and I arrived in Leavenworth on Thursday at about 1800. We checked into our room and we were more than pleased with the accommodations. After a tasty dinner at Visconti's, the Italian restaurant in town, we headed back to our room to enjoy a nice night relaxing in our room and sipping cider and eating yummy double chocolate chunk cookies. The Run of the River is a bed and breakfast so we were treated to an amazing breakfast and it was nice because there was only one couple there at the table with us so it wasn't crowded. After breakfast, Nathan and I spent most of the morning and early afternoon just relaxing in bed, reading books, and napping. It was so nice to spend a Friday morning with out even thinking about work. Later that afternoon we went into town and walked around Leavenworth. We went into a few shops and then ate dinner at Gustav's. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing in our awesome room. We soaked in the tub, hung out on the deck in the swing, sipped yummy hot cocoa next to the fireplace, and just enjoyed each other's company. The next morning we were treated to another amazing breakfast. The only downside was the table was packed with 6 couples. It wasn't as intimate as the previous breakfast but still delicious and enjoyable. After stuffing ourselves at breakfast we packed up and checked out of our room. We were sure sad to be leaving but we can't wait to go back and visit Leavenworth again. It's awesome that it is only 2 hours away and yet it feels like you are in another state, or maybe even another country. :)


2 comments:

Lena said...

How fun. Tell your Dad I am waiting for one of those gift certificates too (totally joking)! Glad you could get away from work and relax for the weekend. I just love Leavenworth too.

GrandpaSwat said...

No problem Lena, the gift certificate was for Nathan's year of service in Iraq. I think the web site is "goarmy.com".

It looked beautiful! Wish that we were there with SJ/John to share it with you! Now you know why SJ loves RoR so much.