
Secondly, I have been cooking up a storm since I moved here. Maria has me try all the new recipes she finds and then I tell her if she can make it work with two screaming kids. It really is quite fun. I love making chicken noodle soup and Maria wanted me to try out some home made noodles. They were a huge success with Tanner and even though they take forever, they sure were fun to make.
Third thing I got to experience was my first Seattle Easter. Tanner loved going on Easter egg hunts and even though I picture sunshine and green grass for Easter egg hunts, we made it work with the torrential rain we were having. Skyler hid a bunch of eggs at the covered playground next to the house and we put on our rain coats and trudged through the puddles and had a great time finding eggs. I was only allowed to pick four eggs because Skyler hid a dollar in one of the eggs. Tanner kept commenting on how he found so many eggs and Aunt Becky didn't find very many. It was a lot of fun even though I didn't find the money. The fourth thing I did was fly out to Alamogordo, New Mexico to visit my older brother and his family, and help them move into their new home. I had a lot of fun while I was there. I don't get to see them very often so even though we lived in cramped quarters and unpacked boxes for a couple of days, we still enjoyed each others company. Alexis and I got to go on a few bike rides, and Jimmie and I went to the White Sands National Monument, it was a really cool place. We even got to go to the zoo in Alamogordo there was an earth day celebration and even though it is a small town it was a neat zoo.

Last but not least, I have been working out at a cross fit gym and I even ran a 5K up in Bellingham with my parents. I know it isn't anything amazing but I ran it in 27:21 and I beat my parents and over half the participants. My goal was to come in under 30 min and beat my parents. I know, I know, my parents are both 50 and you would think it should be easy to beat them. They are in better shape than you might think. I hope that I will be in decent shape for fire season which is right around the corner. I know I will be busy during fire season but I promise to be better at posting pictures and updates. Don't shake your head, I know you have heard it all before but seriously I promise to be better this time.
Oh yeah and I am currently recovering from a nasty little arm infection. I was feeling pretty crummy for three or four days but I am pretty much back to normal.
No my arm isn't that swollen its just my big muscles
You should probably consult a physician
Before your arm looks like this :)
2 comments:
Becky, you're a good blogger! This one made me laugh, "the distinct pleasure of turning twenty five." LOL Then you mentioned having a quiet celebration at home, for some reason that reminded me of the personality of Napoleon Dynamite (totally chill). I like what you said about being Maria's cooking slave and seeing if you could whip something up with two screaming kids, LOL. Where's she? Sitting on the couch eating bon bons? And man, that cellulitis, yikes, how the heck did you get that? I see that in nursing homes on old sick people (no offense)!
27:51 You were lucky that I didn't see the finish line, or you'd have had a sprint at the end.
Yeh Beck, how the HECK did you get that freaking infection!!??
Post a Comment