Disclaimer: This is an attempt by Rebecca to get back on the Blogging saddle. I am forcing myself to write short (that's where the forcing comes in) excerpt of my day during the week so that I will hopefully get back in the swing of blogging about things and realize that I do have a life outside of work. I really wanted to have this blog be a family diary of some sort but as you can see I have been pretty lazy in the diary keeping. If you could see my post section you would find 19 drafts of things I wanted to write about but couldn't find the time to write down what went down. Sooo... long story short here we are. Expect quite a few Friday Fives and very few posts with anything remotely interesting. :)
Monday: Went in to work for about 7 hours, did a lot but felt like I accomplished nothing. The weather is so nice these days so we took advantage of it and ate dinner out on the deck. We had hamburgers and yummy corn on the cob. I wish I could eat corn on the cob every day.....okay not really, but it is my favorite vegetable (even though I think its technically not a vegetable). After dinner Nathan and I went and picked some blackberries. I would love to make something yummy with them. More than likely we will just eat them, mainly because I'm lazy.
Tuesday: Got up at a decent hour today for the first time since mid June. I snuck out of bed, showered, made my own lunch and let Nathan sleep in. He deserved it, he let me sleep in all summer. I figure he deserves one nice quiet morning. We had meetings all day at work and I had plenty of time to stress over stuff that probably doesn't matter......unless it really does. Nathan did come stop by during lunch though, which was nice. He didn't stay long which wasn't. I came home and Nathan had just finished running so he guilted me into running 2 miles. Which if you know me is exactly what I needed since I can't motivate myself to run. We ate dinner out on the deck again, it was another lovely evening made even lovelier by the fact I didn't have to make the taco salad. I'm pretty tired so I'm probably going to waste my extra calories from running on some yummy cookies and then go to bed.
Wednesday: Another day at the office full of meetings and unnecessary stress. I worked on a syllabus or two and did what felt like a bunch of nothing. Nathan tells me I feel this way because I try too hard to make everything perfect. It's true, even though the kids can't tell if I come in prepared or just make it up on the spot, I can. It drives me nuts to be unprepared. Mu had to go to the vet today. Nathan had the unlucky chore of taking her, apparently she is quite the contortionist when you are trying to shove her in a small cage. She is a little OCD with her grooming and has some balding sore spots. She has a prescription and hopefully she won't have any more sores and I can get some sleep at night. After work we had a yummy dinner out on the deck again. We're still enjoying the yummy apple sauce I made last fall. Which is good because it makes me want to make more this fall. After dinner Nathan and I watched one of our many favorite Netflix shows, The Big Bang Theory. It's always good for a laugh or two or ten, and a great time to waste calories on my vice, candy.
Thursday: Didn't go into work today. Nathan woke me up with a yummy peach crepe breakfast. It was wonderful. Then we looked through all my clothes and weeded out the ones that don't fit or that I never wear. After slogging through all my clothes Nathan went with me into town. I got my hair cut and even though I struck out on trying to find some boots for work (you know, nice cute tall ones which apparently are so 3 years ago) but I found some sweaters that I can wear at work. Rich an Karen were out to dinner tonight so Nathan and I decided to enjoy a nice quiet night at home. We made Colorado creme dessert and watched Shakespeare in Love. I'm going to be really sad when work starts back up and Nathan and I can't just hang out doing random stuff together on a weekday.
Friday: Slept in this morning until about 0900. Nathan had to change water this morning and then we made crepes with the left over batter from yesterday. After that I cleaned up the kitchen and worked on some laundry. Then I took a shower and we went down to Tieton Square to help the Lions set up for Tieton Community days. I must say its always interesting working with a bunch of older gentleman. I think Rich said it best, "There are ten people here who know exactly how to put everything together and none of them agree on how to do it". After getting the hamburger stand and kiddie rides all set up Nathan and I went down to my work to get a couple things sent to the printer so I would have them on Tuesday. Then we headed back to Tieton to run the Lion's train (a four wheeler towing a train of barrels painted like different things) for an hour and a half. I took tickets and Nathan drove the rugrats around on the 4 wheeler. Once our shift was over we walked around, ate some delicious tacos from a taco truck and then met up with Nathan's friend Scotty his wife Brenda and their dog Dexter. We hung out and talked for a while and then Nathan and I went home and had some pizza, watched more Big Bang and another episode of a Ken Burn's documentary called "The West".
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment