Tuesday: I survived and I am quite optimistic about work this year. I got home at a decent hour today and I was 100% ready to relax. Nathan and I had the house to ourselves for the evening so we ate yummy hamburgers for dinner, then watched a new show that Nathan found called Frontier House. I'm not quite sure what I think of it so I guess we will just have to watch one more episode. My main goal this evening has been to relax, relax, and relax. Nathan and I had a wonderful walk out to our baby orchard to turn on the water and look at the trees. They are growing so fast (approximately 3 feet of new growth on some) it is amazing, just amazing, to think they were little bare sticks just four months ago. It is always so nice to walk across our land looking at how much it has changed and how much love and care have gone into making it what it is today. After our walk we watched an episode of Shark Tank (a staple on Friday nights during the fall and winter) that we hadn't seen before. Now it is off to bed. I hope I get a good night sleep tonight. I have a feeling I am going to need it to make it through the day tomorrow.
Wednesday: Today was pretty standard at work and I am getting into a routine. After work I went to get my oil changed. Whenever I get my oil changed they always try to talk me into getting new wipers, or air filters ect. This time they didn't have to do much in the way of convincing. When they were checking the filter behind my glove box (yeah weird right, I had no clue there was one there!) they found a little mouse nest and some mouse droppings. I have no idea how long that has been there but the only thing that was running through my mind was hanta virus.... sooooo needless to say I sprung for a new filter and pretty much whatever else they were offering. I am still kinda freaked out about it but I know how to open up the glove box to get to the filter, so you better believe I will be checking it daily for new deposits. After all that excitement I headed home and successfully avoided running because I'm just so stinking tired and my feet hurt from being on them all day, and honestly I'm just lazy with a capital L. Nathan made delicious Turkey Tacos and we ate out on the deck again, I thought it was a little chilly and windy but it was still nice. Nathan and I watched another episode of Frontier House. I will probably watch all the episodes..... its not that great but its not that bad either. It sure is getting dark earlier and earlier these days, which is great because I could fall asleep right now and its only 2045. hasta manana!!! (that's french for see ya tomorrow) ;)
Thursday: Nothing to complain about at work except maybe the 0550 wake up time. We had left overs for dinner which were delicious and easy, especially since Nathan heated everything up. After dinner we went down to the Naches Library and checked out a new book and then bought some black powder at the hardware store. Once we got home we headed outside to try out Nathan's early birthday present. My dad got him a mini salute howitzer. We went down by the pond and set everything up. I was sort of apprehensive at first but it really wasn't that loud or scary at all. I enjoyed watching it and I think Nathan really loved shooting it. You aren't supposed to shoot anything out of the cannon and I think it is pretty cool even if you aren't shooting a projectile. Only time will tell if Nathan actually listens to the warnings or if it becomes more than a salute cannon. After we were done scaring the goldfish, we watched another episode of Frontier House. It's an okay show, but I'm sure we will finish watching it. Mainly because I do want to know how it ends. Signing off for the night with a little picture of Kroger Battery, 1st Battalion, 509th Field Artillery Regiment.
A mini howitzer salute gun!
Friday: Nathan drove me to work today so that when I was done with work we could start our Friday night festivities as early as possible. Its not that I can't drive myself to and from work, it's just that if left to my own devices I would be at work until 1700 or later trying to get stuff done. If Nathan drives me I have to leave when he picks me up, I can't make excuses or get caught up in what I am doing. Nathan planned a little romantic evening in. We had a lovely Friday night. We cooked and ate a frozen pizza, watched Aladdin, and spent a great deal of the night talking and just enjoying each other's company. It was a perfect evening to top off my first week back at work. I'm so lucky to have such an awesome husband who loves and understands me. It's hard to be back at work but it's nice to know I have someone who is there for me even when I am tired and cranky after a long day at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment