This weekend my sister and Davis came down to visit me. I met them for lunch in Selah. We ate at Kings Row, the local burger joint. After a yummy lunch we drove out to our old neighborhood to check things out. A lot of things have changed since we moved but the old neighborhood is still pretty familiar. Once we were done with our "walk" down memory lane, we went to the mall to do a little school clothes shopping. I am in the market for some professional/stylish/comfortable shoes. I don't know if there is such a thing for a decent price, but I hope I find some soon. My feet have been killing me after a day of classes. Unfortunately, we didn't find anything at the mall. Although I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised since we were shopping the Union Gap mall. Once we were done in town we headed out to the Kroger's house in Tieton. Davis was pretty excited to get out of the house and run around their yard and take a walk out by the pond. When we got to the pond Davis noticed that there was a canoe sitting on the bank and thought it would be pretty neat to get in it. Maria didn't bring his life vest so we figured he wouldn't get a ride. Instead we interested him in some trike and tractor riding. He was pretty stoked to ride Uncle Nathan's old trike and tractor and he didn't have to share with anyone. Nathan's brother Zak was in town from Vermont and was having a big BBQ with all his friends. Maria and I ate some yummy burgers and all the fixings. Davis on the other hand was too interested in the kitty (Patagonia) and what the big kids were doing outside. After all the grownups ate Davis was still pretty interested in taking a ride in the canoe. Rich was very nice, he found a life vest that fit Davis and even said he would row around the lake. Davis didn't want anyone but Rich to take him out on the pond. Maria was able to convince him to let her go out with them. Davis was grinning from ear to ear the entire time Rich was rowing around the pond. They even let Aunt Becky join in for a couple of laps. After all of the excitement it was amazing Davis even went to bed. After Davis went down for the night Maria and I went down to my room and worked on making it look a little nicer. On Sunday, Maria and I went to church and then came back and had breakfast. I didn't get any pictures but on Sunday before Davis' nap Rich took Davis on a three-wheeler ride from the house to the pond and then back out on the pond for a few laps. Davis even got to practice rowing. Maria and Davis headed home late Sunday night and I was sad to see them go. I had a lot of fun talking with Maria and just hanging out. I also had fun hearing all the new words Davis has started saying in the two and a half months since I last saw him. I am so glad to be closer to my family and I can't wait for all of my family to come visit for apple harvest again.
11 years ago
1 comment:
We had fun! Thanks for everything.
Post a Comment