Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday Six

Monday: I had meetings all day at work. Nathan started fall quarter at YVCC, taking Chemistry 109. He is working on his prerequisites for a nursing degree. He was underwhelmed with the class but I'm sure it will get a little more difficult as the quarter goes on.  All I did all day was stress and feel like I didn't really accomplish anything, it was all very annoying. After getting nothing done all day I had to stay super late working on getting stuff ready for the week. I came home to a yummy dinner of leftover White Chicken Chili.

Tuesday: Another long day at work but I came home to a yummy dinner of  Turkey Tacos made by Nathan. I also tried to help Nathan with some of his Chemistry homework. I'm not convinced I helped much.

Wednesday: Long, and very boring day at work. I had to stay late for a meeting at 1600 so everyone else went to the fair. After my meeting I met up with Nathan at the fair. We checked out the FFA displays and got a hand dipped chocolate covered ice-cream bar. We checked out the STEAM building (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) there were displays from most of the local high schools and some of the colleges.  Then we went and checked out the animal barns. When we were done checking out the animals we were pretty hungry. I chose the worst taco stand to go to but we did find a yummy elephant ear. After we wandered around some more we went to the Sun Dome and checked out the booths in there. By then it was dark and cold so we headed home. I was pretty underwhelmed by the fair food so we stopped by the Laredo in Naches for some super yummy fresh French fries before we headed home and went to bed.

Thursday: I worked, Nathan went to school. Not much else went on.

Friday: I came home early, well early for me. Nathan and I went to town and just hung out before we had our traditional Friday evening in. After pizza, chips and queso, and Shark Tank, we were both pretty tired so we went to bed fairly early for a Friday night.

Saturday: We got up fairly early for us, 0800, so we could be out the door and on our way to Renton by 0830. When we left Tieton it was raining, and it kept raining the entire way over. It was raining so much on the pass that there was standing water on the roadway and lots of car accidents. The traffic and poor driving conditions didn't let up until we made it to Renton Downtown Harley Davidson. It was pouring rain but quite a few people showed up to welcome Don Blanchard back from his two month tribute ride. He was riding to fulfill a life long dream, to raise money for charities, and to try to find some peace with the situation. It was very neat to be a part of the flag line as Don rode in. It is still hard for me to believe that Aaron is really gone, so I can't even imagine what his family is going through. After we welcomed Don home we met up with Jobie and Mike for lunch at an Irish restaurant in Renton. It was so nice to talk with Jobie and Mike, I miss being able to hang out with them. It's hard to believe it's been almost seven years since we were in college together. After lunch my brother Jimmie (in town from Ohio) called to let me know he was done with work, so we met up with him at my sister Maria's house. It was great to see Jimmie, Maria, Skyler, and the kids. We hung out talked and Nathan played Monopoly with Tanner. We went to dinner at Big Fish Grill where I had sturgeon and prawns for the first time. They were both pretty decent. After dinner, Skyler treated everyone to dessert at Ben and Jerry's. I had the lemonade sorbet and it was delicious!! It was a long rainy ride home but Nathan and I had a great time seeing everyone.

No comments: