The last 7 weeks have flown by! I can't believe I am almost done with the first trimester...didn't we just find out we are pregnant? This week was really a pretty good week for me, I have been feeling pretty good, I feel great at work and I rarely feel nauseous anymore. This week was extra exciting because it was Karen's 70th birthday. Nathan and I were very excited that her birthday was so close to the end of the first trimester because we feel like if anything happens now we would want our parents to know. Plus, its hard to keep a secret like this forever! We decided to tell Karen on her birthday, but she decided to go to the beach for her birthday. We threw her a little party at our house on the day they came back from the beach. I cooked her favorite fall soup, Zuppa Toscana, and we had a pineapple cake made. We got her a card and wrote her a note which said something to the effect of "we couldn't think of anything to get you that you didn't already have so we got you the one thing you couldn't get yourself.....a new title: grandma." We had her open the card and when she read it, she seemed like she didn't believe it. We had a second card on standby that had the 8wk ultrasound picture in it. I think the best part was when she actually figured it out and was so excited. The video kinda cuts out, but she says "I'm going to be a grandma before I die?" They were both very excited and we are excited for them! Now we just have to wait for my parents to be in the same place so we can tell them.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment