11 years ago
Friday, September 25, 2015
12 weeks
This week was pretty crummy for me. I woke up on Sunday morning with a very sore throat. I felt progressively worse on Sunday to Monday to Tuesday. I didn't get a lot of sleep, had a sore throat, and runny/stuffy nose. Monday night we told my parents that we were expecting their 6th grand baby. They were excited but were disappointed that they couldn't tell anyone yet. My dad and Nathan's mom were able to commiserate about their forced silence. By Wednesday I was feeling a little better but sounded crummy, just in time for my 12 week doctor appointment. The appointment went well, they took my weight (down 3 lbs), and blood pressure (112/68) up probably because of the Sudafed I was on. They used a Doppler to listen to the baby's heart rate (164 bpm) it took her a while to get it but they say that is normal at 12 weeks so I wasn't too nervous. The doctor was not too concerned about anything but did say that by my 16 week appointment I should be gaining weight but not too much :). The week kept marching on and on Friday I had another appointment scheduled with a different doctor to do an integrated scan and genetic consult. Nathan and I chose to have this appointment and it was very cool to see the baby for an hour on ultrasound. We got to see it move its arms and legs, open its mouth, stretch its back, do flips, and Nathan even got to count fingers. It was neat, we met with a genetic counselor and we decided to get a cell free DNA test, as well as carrier tests for both of us. The appointment took a couple of hours and we had to rush out of there to get to Mu's vet appointment. Luckily Karen was kind enough to pick up Mu and meet us at the vet. Mu had a blood draw to check her kidney function and everything came back normal. We were very happy about the day and the week in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment