11 years ago
Saturday, October 17, 2015
15 Weeks
I am still feeling pretty good, I fit into all of my old clothes and I started running again. Other than that the big event was the Kroger Harvest Party on Saturday October 10th.My parents came down to stay with us Friday night and Nathan's aunt and uncle Judy and Mike Peterson stayed with Rich and Karen.We went over to Rich and Karen's for dinner and we were able to surprise Mike and Judy with our big news by asking them if they wanted to see our new family photo. They said sure so we gave them the ultrasound picture and they were surprised and happy. I cooked white chicken chili and we were all able to hang out eat, talk, and relax before our big day on Saturday. Saturday we finally let Karen loose and she could tell whoever she wanted, although we told close family and our close friends on our own. The party was a huge success as usual with what someone estimated was close to 100 gallons of cider pressed. We were all exhausted after everyone left so we just relaxed for the rest of the weekend. On Monday or Tuesday I realized no one had told Nathan's brother Zak. Nathan called him and told him, I felt bad that we kinda forgot about him but we won't let that happen again. Tuesday after school we got a call about the genetic carrier screening we both had done. They called and asked us to come in later that week but we couldn't so they said we could come in that day. I was really nervous about what they would say but they said that I am a carrier for some obscure disorder and Nathan is a likely carrier for some other obscure disorder. Our chances for having a baby with any known disorder is pretty low. It was neat to get the results and relieving to know we aren't carriers for CF or some other disorder. On Thursday was Nathan's 31st birthday and we celebrated by going out to dinner at Red Robbin after he had his late classes. Tonight we celebrated with pizza and Trivial Pursuit at Rich and Karen's house per Nathan's request. It was a long week for me but all in all it was another great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment