Sunday, October 4, 2015

Leavenworth Half Marathon 2015

This Saturday Nathan and I ran the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Half Marathon. I signed us up in April before we even tried to get pregnant because I knew I needed something to get me motivated to get in shape. I spent most of the summer training and even though I didn't go on any runs farther than 6 miles, after school started I did continue to train. Nathan and I set a couple goals, run the race in less than three hours, and have no major injuries. We accomplished all of our goals, we ran the race in 2:45:26 and the only real injuries were a bruised toenail (Nathan) and some slight rib cage chaffing (Rebecca). We did really well by our standards for the first 5 miles but then we sort of slowed down for the last 8. I was slower by 35 min than my fastest half marathon, but I was pretty happy since I figured I ran 1 mile for every week I was pregnant. We were very tired after the race but had a nice time relaxing at our favorite bed and breakfast. My legs are very very sore and we are both worried about having to walk around at school for the next couple of days.

No comments: