Friday, August 7, 2015

5 weeks

I can't believe it has been a week since we found out I am pregnant! It is still such a foreign concept at this point, I don't know what it will take for it to feel real....an actual baby? We were pretty busy enjoying one of our last real weeks of summer. Nathan went up to Ellensburg on Friday July 31st to hang out with his good friend Charles. I went to dinner with Rich and Karen and their usual Friday dinner group. On Monday the 3rd my parents came to stay with us for a few days, they were on their way back from Glacier National Park. We put the last few finishing touches on the guest bathroom that afternoon, there's nothing like house guests to motivate you to finish your home improvement projects at the last second. On Tuesday we went up to Leech Lake with my parents and Nathan's parents. We had a picnic lunch and we canoed, paddle boarded, talked, and Nathan tried to fish (it was too windy). We all had a great day, I felt a little nauseous on the way up and down from the lake but it was manageable. My parents headed home on Wednesday afternoon and after they left I took a nice long nap. I have been taking a lot more naps than usual, I just get so exhausted I feel like I can't keep my eyes open. On Thursday I made my first prenatal appointment, it felt very surreal to say I had a positive pregnancy test and set up the appointment. I somehow managed to sound disappointed or something when I was talking to the lady and it was kind of awkward because I am beyond excited. They wanted to set the first appointment for Tuesday August 25th in the morning....AKA the first day of school. I can't miss the first half of the first day of the school year! Luckily we were able to get it scheduled for August 18th, I am pretty excited for the appointment just because I feel like it will make this pregnancy official.

No comments: