Friday, August 21, 2015

7 Weeks

As usual this last week has flown by, it was our last week of summer before the 2015-2016 school year. On Tuesday the 18th we had our first doctor appointment. So far we are very happy with our choice of doctor as their staff is always friendly, kind, competent, and willing to listen to our questions and concerns. Most of what the appointment entailed was answering lots and lots of questions. They also took my height, weight (I had lost a pound), blood pressure (111/58), and what felt like a gallon of blood. Honestly it was about 12 vials and I came very very close to passing out. It was extremely embarrassing but Nathan took great care of me, and after laying on a gurney for a while and drinking some water I was good to go. At the end of the appointment we were thrilled to find out that we would be able to get our first ultrasound Tuesday of next week. I have been having some nausea most evenings but I think it has to do with the amount of time between lunch and dinner. I hope to be able to get a handle on it before school starts. That is pretty much it for baby news, we are both very excited and can't wait to see the baby and hear it's heart beat. I feel like that will make this dream a reality. After the appointment/when I was able to walk without passing out, we went to pick up some stain to finish staining our deck. We worked on it the rest of that day and we very excited to be able to finish the last major project we had on our to do list for the summer. That night Nathan was finally able to fly the flag he purchased a few months ago, he wasn't allowed to put it up until the deck was refinished. After the stain dried and cured, Nathan put together the BBQ the Krogers got me for my birthday. We moved our picnic table and benches on to the deck and brought over an umbrella the Krogers had in storage. Tonight we had the Krogers over for the inagural BBQ of steaks, salad, and pears.

No comments: