Friday, August 14, 2015

6 Weeks

The last week has really flown by, mostly because summer is coming to a close and Nathan and I both have to start thinking about going back to school. I have been feeling really pretty good this last week, mostly just tired a lot with occasional nausea. We have mostly just been working on things around the house and Nathan has been working on some things around the orchard. On Saturday the 8th we went over to Julie and David Lambertson's for a BBQ. Their son Joel and his family were visiting from New York so it was really nice to see them and have great food and company. On Monday the 10th Nathan and I went on a little road trip to WSU in Pullman so that Nathan could get some cougar swag. It was a long drive but worth the trip as Nathan came back with a hoodie, a long-sleeve shirt, and a hat. I even got in on the action and walked away with a couple sweatshirts ( I promised to thin my collection by two.....eventually). Tuesday we had a dentist appointment, I knew I was supposed to get x-rays so Nathan and I discussed whether or not I should say I was pregnant or just to refuse the x-rays. We finally decided I should just tell them that I was pregnant, I know they are bound by HIPAA, but since Rich and Karen both go there I was nervous about telling them. It was very weird to tell someone other than Nathan and my doctors office. My hygienist was very happy for us and said she was glad I said something because we would put off x-rays until after the baby comes. On Thursday the 13th my sister and her kids came down to visit us. They got here around 1300 and we went on a tour of the Cowiche Growers packing house and then swimming over at the Lambertsons pool because it was about 100 out and too hot to do much else. On Friday Nathan made everyone pancakes for breakfast and then took Maria and the kids out in the orchard to pick peaches, explore, and do a little archery. After all that fun, they came in to have lunch, we went to the playground at TIS and then they headed home. I didn't do a ton of entertaining while they were here I mostly just worked on meal prep and cleanup, but I was exhausted! I just told Maria that I didn't sleep well that night, which was true but it wasn't the only reason I was exhausted. Nathan and I are both so excited about this pregnancy so it can be difficult not to just share it with the world.

No comments: