11 years ago
Friday, August 28, 2015
8 Weeks
This weekend was Highland community days. I had to go in to school to get some work done so I missed the parade but I was able to catch Nathan's performance with the Highland Pipe band. They played with a couple of other bands from the westside. I always love to hear them play, but this time was even more special as they dedicated their rendition of amazing grace to the 3 firefighters who lost their lives fighting the Twist River Fire. Monday was the start of the official school year for both of us. Nathan is starting his J2 semester of the WSU Nursing program and will be very busy learning all about Med/Surg. I had my first official day back filled with meetings, meetings, and more meetings. I also met my student teacher for this fall and was able to get somethings done in my classroom. Tuesday was the first day with students and we had our ultrasound appointment. We were both very excited and I know for me it helped the day fly by. At the appointment they got my weight (down another pound) and BP (111/58 same as last time). The doctor discussed some things with us and then it was down to business. He first tried to do the ultrasound on my belly but wasn't able to get a good enough view so had to do an internal ultrasound. As he was looking he said "I am glad I did this, do twins run in your family?" I was like "NO, why??" he did some measuring and looking around and then decided there is only one baby. We were both very relieved. One baby is scary enough, the the thought of two was terrifying. We were able to hear the baby's heart beat and got to see a picture of it. I know it is a long way off but I can't wait to meet our little one. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful as we got back into the routine of work, eat, sleep. I am always exhausted at the end of the day, my feet are tired my legs are tired, my voice is tired. I really only had nausea issues today because we took Mu to the vet right after school and I missed my snack before dinner. Mu has been acting erratically lately, licking herself a lot, running then licking, thumping her feet before and after licking, and we just wanted to get her checked out. They couldn't see any bugs on her so they did some blood tests. One of the markers they look at for kidney function was high so they scheduled a retest in a month. The vet said she wasn't sure what could be causing the erratic behavior so she is going to research some things and we will continue to monitor Mu to see if we can get any clues. She also got her yearly vaccinations, and was not a happy camper by the time we got home two hours later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment